Fall 2016 Consignment Sale - Step-by-step instructions for selling:
1) Set aside gently used maternity items and children's clothes, gear, toys, strollers, etc that you want to sell. Save children's size hangers. Clean and well-presented items sell first and best. Install fresh batteries where needed. Please also view our tips for selling and a list of restricted items.
2) Go to the website and register for free. Don't wait! You can register to sell and/or volunteer.
3) Input your sale items and prices into the online website. Decide if you want to donate unsold items and if you want your item to be discounted to half-price at the end of the sale. Unsold items must be picked-up on Saturday between 3:00pm and 4:00pm.
4) Print the tags onto regular printer paper and cut them into individual tags. Eight (8) are printed per page. link to example tags
5) Tag your items. Tagging guns can be borrowed from SFPOM . You can also purchase tagging guns on line for about $10 - just be sure it comes with the fasteners or purchase them separately. Clothes need to be on small hangers. Socks and other small loose items are recommended to be bundled in a Zip-lock baggy.
6) Drop-off your items at St Mary's Cathedral (1111 Gough Street, SF). Thursday or Friday. See the scedule to the left for details on hours. Consider coordinating the drop-off with your friends, neighbors, and coworkers so each of you don't have to make a separate trip.
7) You don't need to be present at the sale but you can choose to volunteer and earn more on your net proceeds. Plus be invited to participate in the pre-sale, social, and raffle. Great prizes!
8) Pick up unsold items on Saturday between 3:00pm and 4:00pm. Items chosen to be donated will go to SFSmiles, an organization that collects donated furniture, household items, clothing and basic necessities for individuals and families in need.
9) Wait for check to arrive in the mail. In the meantime, you can use the website to see what has sold and for how much! Download the information from the website into Excel to make itemizing your donated items on your taxes easier.
Please find more detailed instructions here.
Be sure to tell your friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors about the SFPOM Fall 2016 Consignment Sale. ANYONE can sell or buy. Volunteers earn more. For more information, go to www.sfpom.org/consignmentsale
Still have questions? Or interested in sponsoring? Email email@example.com